North County consists of small, peaceful oceanside towns with a private feel and amazing beach views. This charming and friendly beach town stretches through 2 miles of Pacific Coastline. Rather than go to San Diego, many North County visitors surf in Cardiff or enjoy the nearby annual Del Mar Races and County Fair.
Best Known For: Golf, Tennis, Theme parks, Zoo/Wildlife Park, Shopping, Sightseeing, Restaurants, Kayaking, Sailing, Shelling, Swimming, Snorkeling/Diving, Surfing, Biking, Hiking, Fishing
Best Time of Year: May-August and November-February and all major holidays
Overview:North County consists of peaceful oceanside towns just north of San Diego, stretching from La Jolla as to Oceanside. This area provides the perfect opportunity for surfing at the famous Swami's Beach and shopping in Del Mar.
The beaches are stunning with crystal sand, perfect tropical weather, incredible surf, and the infamous laid back San Diego culture. Many people choose North County as their vacation destination for the wide range of events and attractions that are nearby. Some favorite nearby attractions we recommend to our visitors are Sea World, San Diego Zoo, Legoland, Wild Animal Park, Steven Birch Aquarium, and Petco Park. Del Mar is also home to the annual County Fair and the Del Mar Horse Races which draw people from all over the country.
Top 5 Things to Do in North County
1. Put on your best dress and head over to the Del Mar Horse Races.
2. Visit the county fair full of exciting entertainment, concerts, and unique fried foods.
3. Eat at one of the many gourmet oceanfront restaurants La Jolla has to offer.
4. Surf the waves of Cardiff-by-the-Sea while enjoying the ideal San Diego weather.
5. Spend a day in Carlsbad shopping in unique boutiques and delicious upscale dining restaurants.